The Halcyon Incubator is committed to solving 21st-century challenges throughout the nation and the world. By helping social entrepreneurs transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures, the Halcyon Incubator acts as a catalyst for measurable social outcomes. It’s perhaps the most immersive incubator in the world that focuses on both social impact and profit.
During this 18-month fellowship, a diverse cohort of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision into reality.
Fellows engage with the program in two major stages:
- Residency (5 months): Fellows live and work at the Halcyon Incubator with unfettered access to expert guidance. They also participate in core programming that includes pitch sessions, a skill development series and other events, ultimately taking part in a “Demo Day” in front of partners and investors.
- Post-Residency (13 months): Fellows continue to work at the Halcyon Incubator, with free access to all resources to further build their networks, secure funding, and grow their venture.
Residency, Business and Living Expenses – The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. The program reduces the financial barriers to starting a social venture by providing:
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House (Residency Phase)
- 13 months of free workspace at Halcyon House (Post-Residency Phase)
- A $10,000 stipend per venture for food and living expenses during the Residency Phase
Strategic Venture Resources – The Halcyon Incubator has partnered with some of the leading firms in the community to advise and directly support the fellows’ ventures. During the course of the program, fellows receive more than 1,000 hours (in aggregate) of:
World-Class Network of Mentors and Advisors – The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around the fellows by bringing together a robust network of seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors.
- Each venture is paired with an experienced, field-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance and support during the Residency Phase.
- Select dinners and events engage fellows with a robust network of supporters, advisors, and potential funders.
Critical Audiences – The program helps fellows gain exposure for their ventures to support their long-term sustainability. The Halcyon Incubator provides fellows:
- Access to entrepreneurs, press, and supporters during a formal debut at Kick-Off, an event at the beginning of the Residency Phase
- Also, Access to potential funders, investors, and partners during the Halcyon Showcase, an event at the end of the Residency Phase
- Access to key community figures and innovators at conferences and other events
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator:
- Applicant(s) must submit the application by the specified deadline.
- Also, Applicant(s) must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program.
- Applicant(s) must be fluent in English.
- The venture must be the original idea of the applicant(s).
- Also, The venture must be in start-up idea, MVP, or pilot phase.
- The venture must have less than $500,000 annual revenue.
- The venture must be independent and autonomous. Ventures cannot be considered independent or autonomous if they were started under the direction of an existing organization.
- Also, The applicant or applicant’s team must be the primary decision maker for the venture’s development and management.
- Applicant(s) must be able to make a full-time commitment to the venture’s development during the first twelve months of the fellowship.
- Also, Applicant(s) who will be enrolled in a college or university during the time of the fellowship are not eligible.
- Applicant(s) must have legal work status in the United States or be able to obtain a visa for the Residency and Post-Residency phases.
- Also, Applicant(s) must complete the entire online application and submit it and all required documents before the closing date