Krzysztof Skubiszewski Scholarship holder will be given the opportunity to conduct academic research in Poland during the 2019/2020 academic year in collaboration with the University of Warsaw or with another Polish university, in the field of law, political science or contemporary history. Moreover, the goal of the scholarship is to promote democracy, human rights, the rule of law, and the respect of law in international relations.
Furthermore, the scholarship is open to candidates who hold a master’s degree or equivalent, and have successfully defended their doctoral thesis (or have other significant academic achievements) or have accomplished works of significant importance in the public interest, especially in the area of promoting democracy and the rule of law.
In addition, the research grant is intended to finance a three-month or shorter visit to Poland, that will have the same purpose and will be organized in the same way as the research work in Poland financed by the scholarship.
The scholarship holder will receive:
- a total of 28 940 Polish złoty (PLN), payable in monthly instalments, in the case of a 9-month stay in Poland; if the stay lasts for less than 9 months, the amount paid will be proportionally reduced (the scholarship holder will have to pay revenue tax on this money, either in his country of permanent residence or in Poland);
- Also, paid-up accommodation in Warsaw or reimbursement of accommodation expenses during his/her stay in Poland;
- travel costs for one trip from the place of permanent residence to Warsaw and back; and
- reimbursement of the cost of insurance covering emergency medical treatment in Poland
- The scholarship and the research grant are open to candidates from Central Europe, the Balkans, the Baltic States, Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia & the Caucasus
- The scholarship and the research grant are open to candidates who hold a master’s degree or equivalent, and:
- have successfully defended their doctoral thesis (or have significant academic achievements)
- Also, have accomplished works of significant importance in the public interest, especially in the area of promoting democracy and the rule of law
- Preference will be given to candidates who are under forty years of age.
- Also, Proficiency in foreign languages, particularly English, will be an important selection criterion.