In accordance with bilateral agreements on co-operation in education and science concluded between Latvian government and a few countries Latvia offers scholarships to foreign students, researchers and teaching staff for studies, research and participation in summer schools in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs) in the 2019/2020 academic year. Moreover, the Ministry of Education and Science of Latvia has delegated the administration of the Latvian state scholarships to the State Education Development Agency.
Scholarships for Studies Eligibility
- Citizens from countries that have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian citizens can apply for the Latvian state scholarships.
- Also, Scholarships for bachelor’s and master’s studies are granted for one academic year –a time period up to 10 months (for PhD-students – up to 11 months).
- Scholarship for master’s studies in the study programmes of Latvian philology, Latvian literature, Latvian culture as well as Latvian history can be granted for two academic years, i.e. for the duration of master`s study programme.
Latvian Scholarships for Summer Schools Eligibility
- Citizens from countries which have concluded an agreement with Latvia or offer scholarships for Latvian citizens and academic staff can apply for the Latvian state scholarships.
- Also, Only students, academic and research staff of foreign higher education institutions are eligible for the Latvian scholarship for participation in summer schools
Latvian Scholarships for Summer Schools Application Process
- Information on how to apply for the scholarship for participation in summer schools can be found on the website of the higher education institution in Latvia organizing the summer school. The website will give details on all the necessary documents:
- Application form of the summer school.
- Also, Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation letter.
The application deadline for both scholarships is 1 April, 2019.