The HY Louie Entrance Award is offered to students who are entering SFU from a secondary school, have strong volunteer experience, and have a demonstrated financial need. Moreover, Students are selected through the annual entrance bursary program. In addition, SFU offers the H.Y. Louie and Lohn Entrance Awards to assist students for whom the cost of attending university would be a serious impediment.
Furthermore, Entrance Award and Bursary Applicants coming from a BC/Yukon regular secondary school must self-report their grades by the deadline date.
- Value: $5,000
- Numbers: Varies – approximately 15
- Term: Fall only
- To be eligible, regular secondary school applicants must have grades in the 80% range for the Faculty they have applied to (not rounded up) as well as IB diploma applicants must have the minimum IB diploma score required for admission.
- Also, Citizenship: Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents or International Citizens
- Please download and fill out the PDF application form.
- Also, Please have referee complete the community reference form.
- The application must be emailed by the deadline date at 11:59pm PST.
- Also, The supporting documentation must be emailed by the May 15, 2019 at 11:59pm PST.
- Community Reference Form completed and emailed by a supervisor of applicants volunteer work
- Also, A summary of applicants achievements and activities, demonstrating their involvement: provide clear, concise details about their volunteer work, school or community involvement, extracurricular activities, and artistic or athletic interests (500 words maximum).