The University of Queensland (UQ) is a public research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane, Australia. Furthermore, founded in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is Australia’s fifth oldest university and is colloquially known as a sandstone university.
About the Scholarship
The Australian Research Council Training Centre for Innovation in Biomedical Imaging Technology (CIBIT) is seeking high-achieving graduate students to undertake postgraduate research into the development and application of novel molecular imaging methodologies.
Moreover, applicants should have a background in the physical sciences including disciplines such as biomedical engineering, engineering, information technology, physics and mathematics or a related field. Applicants should possess analytical and computational skills, including working with equations, simulations and computer programs and an interest in Imaging Modalities and Healthcare IT Solutions.
Successful students will have the opportunity to:
- learn about the trends occurring in diagnostic imaging in the age of “Personalized Medicine”
- Also, learn about the use of Artificial Intelligence concepts such as machine learning and big data analytics in real world problems; as well as
- undertake internships with their industrial partners
- $32,788 per annum tax-free (2019 rate) indexed annually.
- Also, MPhil funding is for two years with possible extension up to 28.5 months;
- PhD funding is for 3 years with the possibility of two 6 month extensions in approved circumstances.
Australian citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and NZ citizens, International student
- Also, Applications are invited from outstanding and enthusiastic graduates with relevant backgrounds.
- Students may be domestic or international of high scholarly calibre and will have a First Class Honours degree, Masters degree or equivalent.
- In addition, Applicants must meet the requirements for admission into the UQ Graduate School PhD or MPhil program (https://graduate-school.uq.edu.au/uq-research-degrees) and should also be eligible for a UQ Graduate School Scholarship (UQGSS) (https://graduate-school.uq.edu.au/scholarships).
Application: How to Apply
To be considered for this scholarship, please email the following documents to CIBIT manager ([email protected])
- Cover letter including why applicants are interested in the CIBIT program, their career aspirations, and the skills they bring and want to develop in the program
- Also, CV
- Academic transcript/s for all post-secondary study undertaken, complete or incomplete, including the institution grading scale.
- Likewise, International applicants: Evidence for meeting UQ’s English language proficiency requirements (eg. IELTS).