TRT World Fellowship is an exciting initiative in Istanbul for young talent from around the world to get a unique hands-on experience in the field of change-inspiring journalism.
- Invaluable hands-on experience in News, Programmes, Digital and Vision departments
- Also, Work with experienced traditional broadcast and digital journalists
- Get Digital know how and take part in debate forums and round table discussion groups
- Also, Learn how it all works from the field to the newsroom; as well as
- Targeting Proficient English speakers (Level C1 & C2) who are recent graduates and those in their third or fourth year of tertiary studies
Schedule & Programs
- Journalism Training: During the fellowship programme, fellows will work full time in TRT World while taking their experience to the next level through a demanding schedule of training which provides a 360-degree view of the modern media industry with professionals from a variety of backgrounds including journalists, editors, PR professionals, producers,reporters and videographers.
- Master Classes: Fellows will be engaged in weekly seminars, workshops and master classes emphasizing on journalism skills, cinematography, editing skills, documentary making, humanitarian programmes, Turkish culture as well as politics.
- Site Visits: The participants of the fellowship programme will also be provided site visits of institutions and news agencies. By joining trips to key Turkish cultural, political, media organisations and think-tanks, fellows will be able to understand cultural as well as historical background of Turkey
Eligibility & Requirements
- Proficient English language speaker (TRT World)
- Also, Proficient Arabic and English speaker (TRT Arabi)
- A recent graduate from university from related majors
- Also, Interested in international journalism
- Commitment to engagement in the related fields
- Also, Critical, strategic thinking, intellectual, and analytical skills
- Fellows show interest in the Turkish culture and history; as well as
- Interest in migration, security, international relations, and media.