The applications have opened for the Global Scholar Award at Marquette University.
Marquette University offers the Global Scholar Award2020 for undergraduate students all over the world. It recognizes the importance of diverse world views and international perspectives within the community. Moreover, this competitive award offers full-tuition based on a student’s high academic achievement, demonstrated interest in global perspectives and the student’s potential for providing significant global contributions to the Marquette community. Furthermore, it is awarded annually to up to three talented freshmen international students who will first enroll in the fall semester. The University will consider students in all academic fields.
The interested applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible to receive the Global Scholar Award
- The candidates must be a high school senior who will enter Marquette as a freshman (first-year).
- Also, their high school must be located outside the United States.
- Additionally, they must have a minimum 3.25 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) in all college-preparatory courses.
- Moreover, they should demonstrate leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Furthermore, they must be international students who will enroll with non-immigrant F-1 visa status.
- The applicants must submit all application materials for admission to Marquette University before the March 1 Global Scholar deadline.
- The candidates need a global Scholar application
- Also, they must provide an essay: Marquette’s motto is Be the Difference. They must describe how they have been the difference in their community. As a Global Scholar, how will they build on these experiences to be the difference at Marquette and in the world? (300-500 words)
- Additionally, they should provide one letter of recommendation: The University suggests that the recommendation letter should explain your experience with an interest in global issues
- Furthermore, the applicants must submit their school activities list or resume
- They must submit their application and all materials/attachments together using the online application form
- Final candidates may be asked to participate in a video or phone interview.
For more information, visit the official site.