Google calls applications for the Funded Fellowship Program for 2020. It is offering fellowship opportunities for Ph.D. students specializing in the field of Computer Science. Interested candidates can apply for the program.
The candidates must meet the following requirements for the Funded Fellowship Program, 2020
- The applicants must be the citizens of Australia, China, and East Asia, Europe, Africa, India, the United States, and Canada must be studying a Ph.D. in one of the Computer Sciences or related research areas.
- Also, they must be attending and remain enrolled in the Ph.D. program.
- Additionally, graduate coursework in the Ph.D. program must have been completed.
- The candidates must intend to start or continue their graduate research in the fall of 2020.
- However, students in receipt of fellowships from other companies are ineligible.
- Furthermore, employees and family members of Google are also ineligible to apply for Google Ph.D. Fellowship Program.
- Name of fellowship they are applying for.
- Also, Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- as well as academic transcripts (current and previous degrees).
- Also, research/dissertation proposal in 4-5 pages.
- Furthermore, 2-3 letters of recommendation out of which, at least one must be from the thesis advisor.
Value of the Fellowship
The applicants will receive the stipends according to their country of origin
- The candidates from Africa will get a stipend of USD 30,000.
- Australian candidates will receive a stipend of AUD 10,000.
- Similarly, the applicants of China and East Asia will each get USD 10,000.
- Additionally, Europeans will receive a yearly bursary towards stipend/salary, health care, social benefits, tuition and fees, conference travel and personal computing equipment. The bursary varies by country.
- India: A stipend of USD 50,000.
- Furthermore, the United States and Canada will get full tuition and fees (enrollment fees, health insurance, books) plus a stipend to be used for living expenses, travel, and personal equipment
Google is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, and software. Most of its profits are derived from AdWords, an online advertising service that places advertising near the list of search results. Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University. Together they own about 14 percent of its shares but control 56 percent of the stockholder voting power through supervoting stock.
Candidates can visit the official website for further details.