Apply for Government of Canada Fellowship Program 2022/2023. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- The applicant: their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career.
- The host institution: their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
Canadian and international candidates are eligible to apply for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship. Moreover, each Government of Canada Fellowships Program is valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year for two consecutive years.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2023
- Must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree
- Applications must be completed in full collaboration with the potential host institution.
- Applicants already affiliated with the proposed host institution must provide justification for remaining in the same research environment
- Submit application between April and September 2022.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here