The applications for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships have opened. Interested candidates can apply until 1st March 2020.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,200 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts
The applicants must meet the following requirements for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
- The candidates must have a very good school or college/university academic record
- They should also showcase social commitment and political interest
- Likewise, they must cite convincing reasons for applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation
- For the students applying for the doctoral degree, they must submit a convincing research project (expose, innovative line of inquiry, realistic timetable, preliminary work that has reached an advanced stage)
- The candidates must submit their personal data and CV
- Also, they must mention their motivation for are applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Additionally, the applicants should provide an outline of their motivation for studying your chosen subject and of your main areas of interest.
- Furthermore, an outline of their social commitments and political interests is required.
Further in the selection procedure, the candidates will have an interview with a liaison lecturer. Telephone interviews may also be held.
- Topics dealt with the interviewer maybe:
For the Student Scholarships
- The interview with the liaison lecturer will address the applicants’ ability to study
- Also, their academic record and main areas of study
- Additionally, how they see the study discipline in question as well as the applicants’ social commitment and political interest and awareness.
- Furthermore, the liaison lecturer will then write an expert report on the interview
For the Doctoral Scholarships
- Ph.D. thesis subject, theoretical and methodical approach, relevance, the status of preliminary work,
- Also, the relationship between academic research, practice, and politics
- In addition to that, the main focus of research work, research interests
- Career prospects, goal orientation
- Social commitment and political interest as appropriate as well as personal suitability
- On the basis of the liaison lecturers’ and other expert reports and the quality of the expose applicants will be
invited to attend the selection workshop.
- The selection workshop consists of a structured individual interview and a group discussion.
- Moreover, the workshop will focus mainly on assessing applicants’ personal abilities on Promoting Young Talent
For additional details, visit the official website.