Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) jointly announce the “Indo-U.S. Further, Fellowship for Women in STEMM (WISTEMM)” (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine) program with an aim to provide opportunities. Further, to Indian Women Scientists, Engineers & Technologists to undertake international collaborative research in premier institutions in U.S.A, to enhance their research capacities and capabilities.
The Program is envisaged to:
- Firstly, Provide an opportunity for bright Indian women students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world-class research facilities in U.S. academia and labs.
- Secondly, Promoting research and capacity building for Indian women students and scientists in different frontline areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
- Further, Pave way for the next generation Women Scientists and also, Technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
- Also, Encourage, motivate and provide an opportunity to outstanding women students to take up research path.
Proposed Area of Work:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Atmospheric and Earth Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Cognitive Sciences
- Computational Sciences & IT
- Engineering and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Monthly stipend of $2,500
- Further, Air Fare up to $ 2,500
- Health Insurance of up to $500
- Contingency up to $1,000
Successful applicants for the Women Overseas Fellowship program will receive:
- Monthly stipend of $3,000
- Also, Air Fare up to $ 2,500
- Health Insurance of up to $1,000
- Further, Contingency up to $1,000
- Conference Allowances of up to $1,200
- Women Overseas Student Internship Program
- Open to Indian women applicant currently pursuing Ph.D. Also, a degree in Basic Sciences, Engineering or Technology including Agricultural and also, Medical Sciences on a full-time basis at any recognized academic institution/R&D institute/university in India.
- Further, They should be between 21 to 35 years (as on June 17, 2019)
- Also, Duration of the Internship: For a period of 3-6 months
- Women Overseas Fellowship Program
- Indian women applicant having a Ph.D. degree in Basic Sciences, Engineering or Technology including Agricultural and also, Medical Sciences and holding a regular position at any recognized academic institution/ R&D institute/ university/ college in India
- Further, Applicants having research collaborative project with any Institute / Lab in U.S.A (but not visited there) will be preferred
- Applicants should be between 27 to 45 years (as on June 17, 2019)
- Also, Duration of the Fellowship: For a period of 3-6 months