The University of West London (UWL) offers an International Ambassador Scholarship programme for selected students up to £5,000 discount on first-year tuition fee. Not only does the scholarship programme provide financial support, it is a great way to meet peers also in their first year of study.
UWL expects International Ambassadors to be active representatives for the University who help showcase the institute to prospective international students. Additionally, Ambassadors may need to support events such as Open Days, participate in interviews, videos and photo-shoots with the Marketing department. Moreover, the International Ambassador Scholarship intends to recognize and provide financial support for outstanding students who wish to act as ambassadors for UWL.
Roles of International Ambassador
- As an ambassador applicant will be an active representative of the University.
- UWL expects applicants to participate in current and future promotional activities, and as such, will be interviewed and photographed by the marketing department.
- Also, the scholar will also contribute from time to time in the promotion of the University by supporting events organized for scholars, as well as events organized by the International Office.
- The scholar agrees no payment will be made for their participation in promotional activities.
- Also, the scholar assigns to the University any intellectual property or other rights which are created as part of the promotional material.
- The University reserves the right to revoke the scholarship in the event the scholar is not fulfilling the requirements of the role.
UWL awards the International Ambassador Scholarship on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate enthusiasm as well as the ability to be an excellent international student ambassador.
Applicants must be:
- An offer holder for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at UWL, to commence study in January 2019. This means applicants must have already applied for a course of study at this University. Also, they must have already received an official offer from one of UWL Admissions Officers. As well as,
- A self-funded overseas full fee-paying paying student
- Please note: EU applicants are not eligible.
Before applying please note the deadlines for each intake:
- For courses starting in January, applications must be received by 30 November
- For courses starting in May, applications must be received by 31 March
- For courses starting in September, applications must be received by 30 June