Utrecht University is one of the very good universities in Utrecht, Netherlands. The International Excellence Scholarships offer a number of outstanding prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University in 2020.
The scholarship is eligible for International Master’s programs offered by the University. Not all programs participate. However, the list of international Master’s programs at Utrecht University is all eligible.
The scholarships are basically for Non-EU and international students all over the world. Further, the university for approximately 20-25 scholarships.
Internal Excellence Scholarships Value
- The Utrecht Excellence scholarship works as tuition fees OR tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses.
- As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely.
- Similarly, the scholarship is valid for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program.
- Also, the scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
To be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- similarly, have applied for an eligible international master’s program with a start date of 1 September 2020.
- also, be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s program.
- After submitting an application for the Master’s program, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship.
- Prospective students applying for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2020, 23:59 CET, after which the application portal will be closed.
- Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before 1 December; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of your master’s program.