The applications for the Johnson Scholarship Foundation Award Program have opened. The Johnson Scholarship Foundation Scholarship Program is for dependent children of full-time or permanent part-time UPS employees and UPS retirees in Florida. Moreover, scholarships will be provided to qualified students who have an intense desire to continue their education and who need financial assistance to attain their goals.
The candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Johnson Scholarship Foundation Award
- The candidate must currently reside in Florida and have resided in Florida for the twelve months immediately preceding the application deadline date.
- Moreover, he/she should be employed at UPS at the time the awards are announced.
- Also, the candidate should be a regular full-time at UPS -includes approved leaves of absence with or without compensation for military duty, holding union office, prolonged illness, maternity leave, and personal emergencies.
- Furthermore, he/she must be a permanent part-time employee who works 15 to 25 hours per week, fills a permanent vacancy and has successfully completed his/her probationary period.
The children of UPS retirees and deceased UPS employees who were employed with UPS and met the stated employee requirements as of the time of retirement or death are also eligible to apply.
The short-listed candidates will receive the following benefits
- Awards for scholarship recipients attending community colleges, state colleges, or vocational-technical schools range from $1,000 to $5,000 for one year of full-time study
- Also, the candidates can use the awards only for undergraduate study at postsecondary institutions in Florida.
- Moreover, the candidates can renew the awards for three additional years or until they earn a bachelor’s degree.
- In addition to that, community college, state college, who transfer with no delay are eligible to apply for renewal.
- Furthermore, the renewal forms will be sent to eligible recipients in December. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in full-time study.
- The applicants must read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password on the official website.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email.
- Also, they must complete the application by entering data in the format described. They must use proper punctuation and standard capitalization.
- Similarly, during the application process, the candidate may leave the site prior to submission by clicking Save and Log out.
- Once the candidate satisfies all the requirements, Lock and Submit will be available.
- Also, the candidates must carefully review their application before clicking “Lock and Submit”. Once submitted, they will no longer have access to their application.
- Therefore, they should keep a copy of your application for your records.
- Furthermore, the will receive an email acknowledgment of their submitted application.
Visit the official website for more details.