The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is available to international students who want to pursue Bachelors’s (undergraduate degree), Masters and Ph.D. degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship provides international students the opportunity to study in Korea and conduct advanced studies in a higher educational institution in Korea.
The Korean Government Scholarship Program is sponsored and managed by the National Institute for International Education Development (NIIED), a branch of the Ministry of Education in South Korea.
The KGSP 2020 is a fully-funded scholarship in South Korea. The South Korea Scholarship covers:
- Airplane Ticket or Airfare
- Monthly Stipend
- Settlement Allowance
- Scholarship Completion Grants
- Korean Language Training
- Medical Insurance
- Korean Proficiency Grants
- Research Support
- Printing Costs (Dissertation)
International students applying for the Korean Government Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Also, applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Applicants should also be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance for Undergraduates.
- or under 40 years of age at the date of entrance for Graduates
- Then for academic professors, you must be under 45 years of age as of 1st of September 2020.
- Must have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Applicants must also hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival for graduates.
- For the postdoctoral Research Program, you must have a doctoral degree or level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- And for Research Program applicants, you must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree.
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- Furthermore, as an applicant, you must have a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree on or before 31st August 2020.