L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa programme aims to promote and encourage young African women in science. This programme identifies and rewards talented young female scientists in the field of Formal sciences, Life sciences, Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering and Technological sciences.
€ 10,000 for Doctorates and € 15,000 for Post-doctorates
- For doctoral researchers
- Having the nationality of one of the 48 Sub-Saharan African countries covered by the programme.
- Enrolled in a Sub-Saharan African studies Institute and pursuing studies leading to a PhD. degree in one of the eligible scientific fields
- Likewise, completing their doctorate in a research Laboratory or Institution in one of the 48 countries covered by the programme.
- Who started their thesis no later than 31/12/2017,
2. For Post-doctoral researchers:
- Having the nationality of one of the 48 Sub-Saharan African countries
- Have a PhD. degree in one of the eligible scientific fields
- Moreover, completing their post-doctorate in a research Laboratory or Institution in one of the 48 countries covered by the programme.
- Conducting research in one of the scientific fields listed in the Appendix 2,
- Who do not have a permanent position prior to the award ceremony, to be in November 2019.
- Who defended their thesis after 25/02/2014. If the post-doctoral researcher has one or more children, this deadline is brought forward by one year per child.
- Who started their post-doctoral research before 25/02/2019, when the call for applications was issued
You can apply online in order to get considerations. Furthermore, a complete application includes
- Certified copies of the degrees or recent diplomas
- A proof of having obtained a PhD. degree for postdoctoral candidates
- Similarly, a proof of enrollment in a Sub-Saharan African doctoral studies for doctoral candidates
- A detailed project of maximum 2 pages
- In addition, letters of recommendation from the research supervisor and/or the director of the scientific institution of conduction of the research project or the Dean of the University under which the candidate is running her research
- Furthermore, the list of publications and patents