Malaysian Government International Scholarships 2020
Malaysian Government Ministry of Education offers Malaysian International Students for international students. The purpose of the scholarship is to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship also aims to support the Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
- Candidates must not be more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and Ph.D. respectively.
- For the Master’s degree, applicants must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ph.D. applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good results at a Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended Ph.D. study.
- A written proposal with a minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
The Malaysian Government International Scholarship is open to the students pursuing graduate study from the following countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Philippines, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Morocco, Palestine
Candidates pursuing degrees on the following universities will be eligible for the Malaysian Government International Scholarships
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- International Centre For Education In Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
The Malaysian Government International Scholarship is a fully-funded opportunity for international students to study in Malaysia. This scholarship covers full tuition fees as well as a monthly living allowance. The successful recipient of the scholarship will also receive a stipend of RM 1,500.00 per month.
The Scholarship Committee will judge the scholarship application and make their decision on the following basis
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution to the advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in the English Language
Click here to know about the online application.