The Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship in Japan is offering three to six months of research fellowship program applicants from all over the world for a greater understanding of Japan and a lasting world peace.
As there are three crises endangering mankind’s future including lack of energy, lack of food supplies and an increasing world population that the last one will lead to conflict between the nations.
To create a situation for the people of Japan to live peacefully with other nations, the Matsumae international foundation is preparing a forum for international activities that will create a path to peace and prosperity based on mutual understanding.
Benefits of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship
Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship provides the following assistance:
- Monthly allowance of 220,000 Japanese Yen for research and stay.
- Round-trip flight tickets
- Start-up fund of 120,000 Japanese yen on arrival in Japan to start the research
- Applicant of non-Japanese nationality who meets all the following eligibility requirements is invited to submit application documents.
- Applicant must obtain Letter of Invitation from Host Institution in Japan.
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
- Applicant must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when application documents are submitted.
- Applicant must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicant should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan. (Except for short-term stay such as sightseeing and conferences)
- Applicant must have an occupation in your home county, return there upon completion of your fellowship tenure and should contribute to development of your country.
Documents Required for Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship
- Application form
- The research project (plan)
- A reprint of the most significant publication by the applicant (one publication only): a summary/abstract in English is required if the main language of the publication is not English.
- Recommendation letter from employer
- Certified copies of all academic degrees the applicant has obtained
- Invitation letter signed by the professor/scholar-in-charge in the host institution in Japan (on the letterhead of host institution)
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!