Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Training programme Class of 2025
The MEST Training Program is a one year, fully sponsored, graduate-level program in tech entrepreneurship. During this full-time and fully sponsored program, Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) expand their skills and knowledge in software development, business, and communications while developing viable businesses. The program culminates in an investor pitch with the opportunity to receive seed funding and enter MEST’s portfolio for company incubation.
Check: Mozida African Excellence Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded)
- Core Programming Languages
- Web Development
- Mobile Development
- Software Engineering
- Market Research
- Lean Startup Methodology
- Design Thinking
- Product Development and Innovation
- Revenue and Business Modeling
- Financial Management and Investments
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Metrics and Measurements
Marketing & Communications
- Branding and Communications
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Investor Pitching
- Team Management and Leadership
Also Check: Resilient Agriculture Innovations for Nature (RAIN) challenge
Benefits of MEST
The Training program provides rigorous entrepreneurial training, extensive hands-on project work, and intentional mentoring designed to ensure EITs are equipped to develop world-class tech businesses.
Practical Skills Development: EITs validate, build, test, and pitch ideas in a fail-safe environment, promoting hands-on learning and resilience.
Strategic Mentorship: EITs access community and industry experts for tailored guidance, fostering individual and team development
Comprehensive Sponsorship: EITs receive a full scholarship covering program costs, including housing, transportation, and meals.
Industry-Backed Learning: EITs learn from experienced experts and professionals across industries, gaining diverse insights throughout the program.
Eligibility for MEST
- Open to exceptionally talented and ambition people with a strong desire to build a scalable software company in Africa
- A deep passion for software company in Africa.
- Entrepreneurial or Corporate work experience.
- A degree from top university or technical college (or equivalent experience)
- Confident with great leadership qualities, ability to work well with others, and communicate effectively
- Successful application should be ready to commit to a full commit to a full residential program for a whole year.
Check: European Union in Georgia Short film Contest 2024
- Applications open – 11th January 2024
- Applications close – 18th March 2024
- Final Interviews – April – May 2024 in Accra, Lagos, Dakar, Nairobi and Johannesburg
Training Program begins in August 2024 in Accra, Ghana