NorthAmerican.com calls application for Military Scholarship Competition 2020.
Because of this belief, NorthAmerican.com is offering the first-ever Military Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Operational Management Scholarship to qualifying current or former active-duty military and their dependents. Upon the contest’s completion, two winners will be chosen to receive an award of $1,000 each.
An eligible educational institution is one whose primary function is the presentation of formal instruction and that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of students in attendance at the place where it carries on its educational activities.
Applicants for NorthAmerican.com Military Scholarship Competition must be one of the following below
- An honorably discharged veteran or current member of the active military (including National Guard and Reserves).
- A spouse of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
- A child (under age 21 or a full-time student under age 23) of a current military service member or honorably discharged veteran.
Here are the award information for NorthAmerican.com Military Scholarship Competition
- Total award: $1,000; Number of awards given – 2.
- Maximum award: $1,000 per winner.
- The award amount will be made out to your school in the form of a check and mailed to your personal address.
For purposes of tax-free scholarships and fellowship grants, these are expenses for:
- Tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution.
- Course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution. These items must be mandatory of all students in your course of instruction.
- U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as a full-time student of an accredited college/university within the United States for completion of an undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees, professional affiliates, and agents of North American Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
- Complete all required sections of our application form below.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their DD214 (member 4) or a signed letter from Command certifying active duty status.
- Be sure to attach the following documents to your application form:
- Copy of your most recent transcripts.
- Some verification of enrollment at your college.
Submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing sincere firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal.