Apply for the NSERC Fellowship Program in Canada and Abroad in 2020. The deadline for the application is 17th October 2020. The scholarship is for Post doctorate in the field of Engineering, Psychology, Maths, Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth sciences, Ecology, Biology.
The NSERC is offering postdoctoral fellowships to highly qualified Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- The candidates applying for NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2020 should have a doctorate in the fields of Plant and animal biology, Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering, Cellular, and molecular biology, Civil, industrial and systems engineering, Psychology, Mechanical engineering, Evolution, and ecology, Electrical engineering, Earth sciences, Computing Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Mathematical Sciences, and Chemistry.
- Additionally, the applicants of the NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2020 should be citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Also, the candidates should have completed the first doctoral degree requirements two years before the application deadline date.
- Likewise, the NSERC will extend eligibility for three years if the applicants have full-time employment for six months in government, industry, or university or affiliated research institutions, laboratories, hospitals.
- Also, the NSERC will extend the eligibility period for 6 years for the maternity leave.
- Furthermore, the NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2020 can be taken in the universities and research institutions in Canada and abroad but not in Canadian government laboratories or in industrial laboratories.
- The applicants for NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2020 are assessed based on their research ability and potential (70%).
- Additionally, the rest 30% assessment is done on the basis of leadership skills, communication, and interpersonal abilities.
Hold Fellowships at:
- Canadian academic institutions
- Also, provincial research institutions in Canada
- Likewise, other appropriate research laboratories in Canada
- Furthermore, research institutions abroad
Value of Scholarship
- The successful applicants of the NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2020 will receive CAD 45,000 per year for two years.
- The last date to apply for NSERC – Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2020 is 17th October 2020.
The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) is a Canadian government agency that provides grants for research in the natural sciences and in engineering. Additionally, NSERC directly funds university professors and students as well as Canadian companies to perform research and training.