Imperial College London calls application for President’s PhD Scholarships. This position is for undergraduate or Master’s student and has a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world-class research institution; candidates could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London. The President’s PhD Scholarships aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
Successful on President’s PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees.
- A stipend of £21,600 per annum to assist with living costs.
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study.
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School.
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort; and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction.
- They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility).
- Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project.
- Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
There is not a specific scholarship application form for President’s PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London. Candidates should submit application for admission to study at Imperial through the online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.