Application open for Princeton Society Postdoctoral fellowship for 2023-2026. The Society of Fellows seeks a diverse and international pool of applicants, and especially welcomes those from underrepresented backgrounds.
Appointed in the Council of the Humanities and academic departments, postdoctoral fellows pursue their research, attend weekly seminars, and teach half-time as lecturers for a term of three years. In each of the first two years, fellows teach one course each semester; in their third year, only one course in either semester.
The Princeton Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts, invites applications for the 2023-26 fellowship competition. Five fellowships are to be awarded:
- Two or three Open Fellowships in any discipline represented in the Society
- One Fellowship in Humanistic Studies
- One Fellowship in East Asian Studies
- One Fellowship in Race and Ethnicity Studies
- Fellows receive a competitive salary and benefits, a $5,000 research account, access to university grants, a shared office, a desktop computer and other resources.
- Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
- Three to five postdoctoral fellows are appointed each year for three-year terms in residence to pursue research and teach half-time in their academic host department, the Program in Humanistic Studies, or other university programs.
- Applicants already holding the Ph.D. degree at the time of their application must have received their degree between January 1, 2021 and August 2, 2022.
- Applicants not yet holding the Ph.D. must have completed a substantial portion of the dissertation – at least half – at the time of application.
- Successful candidates must fulfill all requirements for the Ph.D., including filing of the dissertation, by June 15, 2023.
- Candidates for or recipients of doctoral degrees in Education, Jurisprudence, and from Princeton University are not eligible.
- Applicants may apply only once to the Princeton Society of Fellows.
To participate in the 2023-26 fellowship competition, applicants will need to submit the documents along with the online application form, to the application portal by the application deadline August 2, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EDT).
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES !!