Scholarship in UK
Scholarship in UK is provided to 2 Global Development Scholarships and 5 Bestway Scholarships for all one-year Masters’ courses based at the University of Bradford are covered by the scholarship, except for the MBA. The scholarship covers the full tuition fees for the course, it provides a room in our accommodation – The Green, and gives you £4,200 in living costs which is paid directly to you in 3 instalments over the year. The award is final and non-negotiable and provides sufficient support to enable you to demonstrate you have met the financial conditions of your visa.
Please read all the requirements carefully:
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are from a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
- The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- You must send proof of your results with your application form. Any evidence sent after your application will not be accepted.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
- You must now already have the required English qualifications to be able to study your chosen course, we will not be able to consider your application unless you meet these requirements. Details of the qualifications we accept can be found on our website. Please note that we also accept the WAEC qualification at a grade C6 or higher for students from certain African countries.
Minimum entry requirements
You must already meet the minimum academic and English Language entry requirements for your chosen course to be able to apply for the scholarship.
Who can apply?
- Students from the list of eligible countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme. Following a review of the scholarship scheme, from 6 May 2016 Pakistani students not studying a Master’s course in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) can now apply under the main Global Development Scholarship.
- To be considered for a place on our Master’s courses you will need to have achieved the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country.
- You will also need to meet our English Language requirements.
Applications will open on 24 April 2017 (09:00 GMT) and close on 15 May 2017 (17:00 GMT).The application forms will be available below from 24 April 2017 at 09:00 GMT.Please be aware that you will need to submit a personal statement as part of your application outlining how the situation in your country has affected you and/or your family, the reasons why you want to come to Bradford and study your chosen programme and how you will use this qualification when you return to your country
Deadline: 15th May 2017