Ajinomoto Scholarship Foundation calls applications for Scholarships for international students in Japan 2021. It provides scholarships to international students in the fields of “food, nutrition, and health” who have nationalities centered on Asia, Africa, and South America, and develop talented human resources who can support their studies and contribute to society in the future.
Scholarships for International Students in Japan has the following benefits
- Payment amount: 150,000 yen per month
- Payment period: In principle, up to 2 years
As a general rule, transfer money to your bank account every month. However, if there are special circumstances, it can be issued for a total of two months or more.
Those who fall under the following categories and who can submit an application in the prescribed format to the Scholarship Society through the university they are enrolled in. It should be noted that receiving or planning to receive another scholarship equivalent to the national university tuition fee does not interfere with the application.
- International students who have nationalities mainly in Asia, Africa and South America; and come to Japan for academic and research in the field of “food, nutrition and health”.
- Those who are enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program at a Japanese graduate school.
- Those who are excellent in academics, have a strong desire to study, and need financial assistance.
- Persons under the age of 30 as of April 1, 2021.
- Furthermore, those who can be recommended by the Dean of the Graduate School or an academic advisor (professor or associate professor).
Terms and Conditions
- If the beneficiary falls under any of the following, the beneficiary decision will be cancelled. 1. When falsehood is found in the items described in the recommendation documents. 2. When the matters stipulated in this guideline no longer apply. 3. If you are unlikely to continue your studies or course due to illness or other reasons.
- If you receive disciplinary action at your university, have poor academic performance, or do not comply with the matters notified when you decide to receive the scholarship, you may be discontinued from the scholarship payment. However, if a person whose scholarship payment is suspended or suspended stops the reason and makes a request through the president of the university or the dean of the graduate school, the scholarship payment may be resumed.