Scottish Government Scholarship 2019 for International Students is available for application.
Saltire Scholarships is a programme of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy. It is an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a programme of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland. Moreover, you’ll act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships programme, but also for Scotland.
The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 26 May 2019.
- The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
- Courses must be full-time and delivered in Scotland.
Requirements for Applicants
- Applicants must demonstrate:
- An interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- The aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- Also, an willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme as well as the institution at which they study.
- Likewise, actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events.
- Similarly, support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience.
The deadline for scholarship applications is Sunday 26 May 2019 midnight (GMT).