Summer Research Scholarships In New Zealand
The University of Auckland is pleased to offer Summer Research Scholarships to conduct a research project under supervision for 10 weeks over the summer months. Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to Domestic and international students. The University of Auckland is the highest ranked New Zealand University in the main world university rankings. The University of Auckland has been ranked internationally as New Zealand’s leading university for Graduate Employability.
- You have completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree and be either
- enrolled in undergraduate degrees at a New Zealand university at the time of scholarship application
- enrolled in a postgraduate Bachelor (Honours) or postgraduate diploma programme (some faculties) at a New Zealand university at the time of scholarship application
- enrolled in an undergraduate degree at an international institution in 2017.
- You have a scholarship GPA/GPE of 6.00 or above (5.50 for Māori or Pacific students).
- You have identified a clearly defined project and suitable supervisor willing to supervise the project. For the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries, you are required to devise the project; for all other faculties, refer to your faculty’s list of available projects.
- Generally, you shouldn’t have held a Summer Research Scholarship previously (for exceptions, check the regulations).
- You are not seeking employment as a tutor during Summer School or in paid employment either inside or outside the University during the tenure of your Summer Research Scholarship.
- You haven’t started masters, doctoral, or taught postgraduate programme (some taught programmes are permitted: check the regulations), or be completing a dissertation or thesis on an extension.
- $6,000 tax-free stipend.
- Get a taste of postgraduate research and help you think about pursuing postgraduate study.
- If you are new to the University of Auckland or New Zealand, you can experience studying here and living in Auckland.
- Improve your career opportunities. In some cases, the scholarships lead to a career in research.
- Develop research networks and collaborate with leading researchers.
- Some summer scholars co-author presentations at international conferences and academic journal articles.
- Exposure to authentic case studies.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Practice data collection, analysis, literature reviews, interviewing techniques and mind mapping.
- Learn to use specialised software.
- Acquire specialist laboratory and presentation skills.
Deadline:30th July 2017