The Nedbank External Bursary Programme (bursary) aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study full-time towards a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a South African public university or university of technology. The aim of the Nedbank External Bursary Programme is to address South Africa’s scarce skills shortages, with a specific focus on green economy skills.
In short, a green economy promotes sustaining and advancing economic, environmental, and social well-being. Green-economy skills refer to those areas of study that focus on improving human well-being and social equity, while also significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. Green-economy skills include the reducing of carbon emissions and pollution, increasing energy and materials efficiency and enhancing our natural capital.
- Applications are open to candidates from South Africa only.
- Candidates must have a proven financial need, as determined by household income.
- Must have obtained the following minimum academic results: An average of 65% in the year that you are applying for the bursary, ie in grade 12 or at the university level; and An average of 65% for the required subjects aligned to the degree you plan to study at university.
- Applicants who completed their grade 12 or senior certificate with Mathematics Literacy are not eligible.
- Applicants must also have obtained admission to a South African public university or university of technology for the undergraduate qualification they plan to study.
- A certified copy of the South African identity card/document.
- Most recent academic transcript, ie:
- Grade 11 final results, as well as the mid-year results if the applicant is currently in grade 12.
- Grade 12 final results as well as the mid-year results if the applicant iscurrently in first year at university.
- Last academic year results as well as your current mid-year results if applicant is currently in your second or third year at university.
- The financial checks affidavit must be signed by: your parent(s) or guardian(s); and the bursary applicant.
- Candidates will only consider bursary applications submitted online via the link Nedbank have provided.
- Incomplete bursary applications will be invalid.
- Furthermore, bursary applications will be screened and shortlisted according to the qualifying criteria listed as mentioned above.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here