Call for UK-ASEAN Partnerships and Exchanges Baseline Research Grant. The UK-ASEAN Partnerships and Exchanges Baseline Research Grant will fund research that assesses the quality and quantity of existing tertiary education partnerships and exchanges between the UK and fifteen countries and territories in East and Southeast Asia.
Funding will be agreed for a maximum initial period of eighteen (18) months. The expected research output/ final report must be in English.
UK-ASEAN Partnerships and Exchanges Baseline Research Grant aims
- Facilitate the production of high-quality research in Official Development Assistance (ODA) contexts that is relevant to international education and national policymaking.
- Facilitate and encourage the establishment and maintenance of active research links between UK and ASEAN higher education institutions.
- Improve access to high quality and relevant research from the UK for tertiary education policymakers and professionals worldwide.
- A grant of £250,000 will be awarded to a single UK institution to carry out this research.
The resulting papers will be published as part of the British Council Research Papers series online.
- Any person resident in the UK with an affiliation to a UK higher education institution. The award agreement will be with the institution and not with an individual. Note: Although the applicant must be resident in the UK, the research may, in whole or in part, take place outside the UK or by persons not resident in the UK.
- Different departments within a single institution can apply provided that the proposed activities are clearly different and that each is led by separate lead applicants (Principal Applicants).
To apply for UK-ASEAN Partnerships and Exchanges Baseline Research Grant, applicants must
- Read the Call guidelines, accessible from the Downloads section below.
- Complete annex 1 (grant application form) and annex 2 (budget form), also accessible from the Downloads section below.
- Submit your completed form and all required documentation to [email protected]