UNDP/Arab Development Portal calls application for Visualize 2030 Camp. Visualize 2030 is an initiative of the Arab Development Portal which aims to encourage the consumption of data by youth from the Arab region in support of advocacy campaigns and innovative thinking around development priorities and to advance their contribution to informed public debate in the region.
Visualize 2030 is an annual data camp that brings together youth from Arab countries to enhance their technical and analytical capacity to produce audiovisual content on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Who can apply?
Visualize 2030 calls upon youth (aged 20-30) to use official statistics with the aim of visualizing a data-driven story that highlights concerns, hopes, or ambitions regarding a development topic in a selected Arab country or for the whole Arab region. Every year, Visualize 2030 will be addressing a development theme in the Arab region within the framework of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Visualize 2030 targets youth aged 20 to 30 years in the Arab region
- It mainly addresses young students, researchers, graphic designers, journalists, and any other citizens interested in sustainable development in the Arab region.
- The Visualize 2030 is open to teams composed of two or three individuals. Individual applications will not be considered.
- The team must include at least one designer and one data analyst/researcher/economist.
- Visualize 2030 alumni are not eligible to participate.
- UN staff are not eligible to participate.
- Step 1 (Launch the call for application): ADP will launch the call for applications for Visualize 2030 via a social media campaign. Interested applicants are expected to fill the online application and submit an updated professional portfolio and research samples (if available).
- Step 2 (Selection of the top ideas): The applications will be assessed by the jury of the preselection phase. The top teams (teams of two or three) will be selected based on skills and innovation, taking into consideration diversity criteria. Shortlisted teams will be notified about their acceptance via email.
- Step 3 (Data camp): The shortlisted teams will be invited to the data camp to develop their ideas. Visualizers will be granted access to training and production facilities.
- Step 4 (Final Ceremony): Visualizers will present their final products during a Ceremony and that will include pitch presentations and demonstrations of the products by the teams (2-3 minutes per team). The top three teams will win cash prizes and their names will be announced in a spot broadcasted on the ceremony day