The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce two scholarship awards of £3000 for Singaporean students applying for entry to a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2019. Moreover, these are joint awards with local representatives, IDP Singapore, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2019/20.
University of Birmingham Scholarship Benefits
- The scholarship award is for £3000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2019.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Also, Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Singapore domiciled and a Singaporean national.
- Also, Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment and should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Also, Start their studies at the University in September 2019, the scholarship award may not be deferred. Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – IDP Singapore.
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP Singapore by 14 June 2019.
Application: How to Apply
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP by 14 June 2019.
- Then, Selection for the award will be based on academic performance. Students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in July 2019 (date TBC) in Singapore.
- The scholarships will be announced shortly after interview.