Applications are now open for the University of Bonn International Joint MSc Program 2021/22; Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security. This joint Master’s program is offered by the Department of Geography at the University of Bonn and the United Nations University in Bonn.
The main purpose of this two-year Master of Science program is to provide postgraduate students with the critical understanding and strategies required to take a strong approach towards environmental risks and human security. The Master’s program addresses vulnerability, resilience, and adaptation in geography to better understand the complex emergence of environmental risks and hazards. The course provides a unique combination of advanced conceptual and applied engagements within the field of environmental risks and human security in an international context.
Provisions Covered by University of Bonn International Joint MSc Program 2021/22
This Joint Master’s is part of a selected group of international postgraduate degrees that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- A number of fully-funded scholarships can be offered to students from developing countries through this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Bonn International Joint MSc Program 2021/22
- Applicants must possess a first higher education qualification (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Geography or a related/relevant academic field. Out of all achieved academic performances (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional coursework, etc.), the majority of attended courses (as reflected in your transcripts) must be related to the three following areas:
- Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development;
- Science methodology and empirical research methods;
- Physical Geography, Geosciences, and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science.
- A strong motivation to contribute to the area of human security and management of risks related to environmental change is a prerequisite to study in this Master’s Program. Applicants should be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- All applicants need to provide proof of their English language proficiency, except for native speakers from countries specified hereafter: Australia, Canada, Republic of Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Eligible candidates interested in the scholarship should fulfill the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s program:
- Being a candidate from an eligible developing country (check the list ),
- Accumulated at least two years of relevant work experience since graduation from the Bachelor’s by the time of application (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector),
- Having graduated from my last academic degree no longer than 6 years ago by the time of application,
- Shouldn’t have completed another Master’s degree in a similar field of studies,
- Aiming to pursue a career as a practitioner in the field of development following graduation from the Master’s program (not in an academic area/not aiming to pursue a Ph.D.),
- To be ready to commit fully to the Joint Master’s degree in the case accepted for the program and a DAAD EPOS scholarship.
Application Procedure for University of Bonn International Joint MSc Program 2021/22
- submit the application form,
- gather the required documents (including the academic writing sample) precisely as explained
- rename the merged application documents’ file as [your last name.your first name].pdf,
- and send your application documents via e-mail to [email protected]
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!