In 2019 there are up to 50 merit-based scholarships available to new full-time international students on undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree courses.
Students progressing directly from the University of Brighton International College are also eligible to apply. Moreover, the scholarship is worth a £5,000 reduction in tuition fees for the first year of applicants course only. Applications are open to students holding an offer to start their course in academic year 2019.
- The criteria for awarding University of Brighton international scholarships are primarily merit-based.
- However, merit does not necessarily have to mean academic merit but could also be interpreted to include outstanding performance in a variety of spheres.
- Furthermore, the strongest candidates will be those demonstrating a mixture of academic merit (including English language ability) as well as other merit or outstanding achievement in a particular field of activity.
- To be eligible to apply for a scholarship applicants must be a new, international fee-status student holding an offer for a full-time undergraduate taught degree.
- Also, applicants must have applied for the course of their choice at the University of Brighton or Brighton and Sussex Medical School, and have been offered a place on that course for entry in academic year 2019.
- Students progressing directly from the University of Brighton International College are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Also, This scholarship is not open to students that are fully sponsored.
- Existing international students are not eligible unless starting a new undergraduate programme.
Application: How to apply
- For the 2019 academic year, please email [email protected] with University of Brighton student number or UCAS number in the subject line, and they will send applicants a scholarship application pack.
- Then, Decisions about scholarship awards will be communicated to applicants approximately two to four weeks after the deadline dates.
- The application form can then be returned electronically to the same email address or sent by post to the address indicated on the scholarship application form
There are three application deadlines throughout the year: 31 January, 31 March and 30 June 2019.