Applications call for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2021/2022. Moreover, 20-25 scholarships will be available for 2021-2022, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools at Utrecht University. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree program, which is one or two years, depending on the degree program. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarships offer the following
- Tuition fees of a program; or
- Tuition fees of a program as well as 11.000 euro living expenses
In order to be eligible for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarships, candidates must
- Belong to the top 10% of their graduating class.
- Hold an official document issued by the university that proves the candidate is among the top 10% of a graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by the University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Have completed the secondary school and/or Bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands.
- Also, have applied for an international master’s program with a start date of 1 September 2021.
- Furthermore, be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s program (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation).
- The quality of the application for the Master’s program itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Utrecht University (UU; Dutch: Universiteit Utrecht, formerly Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht) is a public research university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands.