The applications for the WARA Residency Fellowship 2020 have opened. Interested candidates can apply until 15th February 2020.
- The West African Research Association, with funding from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US State Department, offers Residencies for WARA member institutions to host a West African Scholar on their campus.
- Each residency will last 4-8 weeks.
- It will provide the visiting scholar with opportunities for library research, guest lecturing, and/or collaborative work with American colleagues.
- WARA pays the round-trip travel costs of the selected scholar as well as a stipend of $3500 to help cover meals and local transportation costs.
- Also, it encourages the host institutions to provide additional support in the form of housing, office space, library privileges, laboratory facilities, or other supports for the period of the residency.
The applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria to participate in the WARA Residency Fellowship 2020
- WARA member institutions only can make the applications for the purpose of bringing a specific scholar to their campus.
- It does not accept applications from individual scholars.
The candidates must fulfill the following application requirements
- Name and contact information for a representative of WARA host institution
- Also, a 50-80 word abstract of the proposed residency, clearly indicating the purpose of the Residency (indicate the host institution contact person)
- Similarly, a proposal of no more than six double-spaced pages profiling the visiting scholar, his or her proposed residency activities, how the residency will contribute to the goals of WARA, the expected impact or outcome of the residency, and any support that the host institution is prepared to contribute
- Also, a curriculum vitae for the visiting scholar
- Letter of interest from the scholar as well as the letter of support from a relevant administrator
- Additionally, proof of citizenship in the form of a copy of the scholar’s passport.
- Only scholars who are eligible for non-immigrant visas to the U.S. will be considered
For more details, visit the official site.