Applications are open for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA – Fully Funded. The deadline for the application is 14th October 2021. This scholarship is open for Egyptians only.
Earn a Masters in Development Practice from one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
Benefits of Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA – Fully Funded
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 79 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 21 in writing and 19 in reading ), or 6.5 (IELTS, minimum 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading).
- Commitment to work in the development sector in Egypt following graduation from YLSS Program for no less than two (2) consecutive years.
- Applicants are committed to provide a proof of income.
Required Documents for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA – Fully Funded
- Completed application form including the personal statement.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!