Applications are open for Grinnell College Innovator in Social Justice Prize 2022. The Grinnell Prize seeks to honor individuals who demonstrate a critical, multifaced, and nuanced understanding of the issue they are addressing.
Do you know somebody who is:
- A change-maker working on the cutting edge of social innovation?
- A leader collaborating and co-creating solutions to pressing social justice issues?
- A visionary tackling immediate challenges while also addressing related systemic issues?
- A mentor inspiring the next generation of social innovators?
The winner of the Grinnell College Innovator in Social Justice Prize will receive $50,000.
Nominees should have the following qualifications
- Demonstrate practices that are consistent with Grinnell College’s education in the liberal arts through serving the common good and demonstrating expertise in the areas of critical thinking; innovative, equitable, and systemic problem solving; and demonstrated change-making.
- Nominees may be from anywhere in the world.
- Do not need to be affiliated with Grinnell College.
- Nominees must have sufficient English fluency to engage with the Grinnell College community.
Nominees selected as semifinalists will be interviewed by student researchers and may be asked to provide more details about their work. Grinnell Prize staff will contact the nominees selected as finalists to ask for additional supplemental information. This information must be provided in English and may include items such as:
- Annual reports
- Nominee resumes or CVs
- Three letters of reference
- Any news articles and videos that tell the story of the work
- Organizational and policy documents (IRS 990 forms or audited financial statements)
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here