The application is now open for the UN ESCWA Internship Program in Beirut, 2020. The UN-ESCWA Center for Women (ECW) is seeking to have an in-house fulltime intern to provide support to the ECW Team in the implementation and in carrying out its various activities and programs.
What will ESCWA Intern do at the UN?
The Intern for UN ESCWA Internship is expected to assist in the following areas:
- Assist in monitoring developments relating to socio-economic development and women’s advancement in the region.
- Similarly, carry out background research on subjects related to gender and women issues and social sciences, and on other ECW’s areas of work.
- Also, compile and organize information and reference materials on identified areas of research related to the work program of the division from various sources for reports, studies, briefings, meetings/conferences, etc.
- Likewise, carry out a periodic search on new resources of relevance to the work of the division and share these periodically with colleagues.
- Assist in updating, developing and producing the division’s information and resource tools.
- Draft inputs to presentations and research papers.
- similarly, provide administrative and logistic support to the organization of ECW meetings.
- Prepare minutes of meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
What are there requirements for UN ESCWA Internship Program?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- be enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); OR
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); OR
- have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- be computer literate in standard software applications;
- similarly, have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- also, have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- similarly, applicants should have an educational background in social sciences such as law, international relations, political science, Gender and Women Studies, and sociology
- Further, English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Arabic is also a working language of ESCWA. Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French is desirable.
How to apply for the UN ESCWA internship program?
All applicants apply by submitting the online form through the official website. Also, they need to submit a resume and a cover letter in order to apply for this internship program.