Apply for Vacancy for Nurse Practitioner at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The category for this job is Health and Medical Services.
In collaboration with an attending physician, is responsible for the coordination and direct care of patients within specialty area(s) and clinical protocols as needed. This role is also responsible for providing patient education.
- Responsible for patient care on an inpatient and/or outpatient service.
- Establishes priorities for nursing care through patient assessment and develops nursing care plans. Prepares equipment and assists provider during examination, testing, and treatment of patients as needed.
- Also, coordinates multidisciplinary health care services and arranges diagnostic tests as ordered by physicians. Performs inpatient diagnostic testing, therapeutic, and interventional procedures as needed.
- Triages patient inquiries and communicates test results.
- Additionally, as needed, administers appropriate injections and medications as ordered by medical providers in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Educates patients and staff on pharmacological/drug effects and protocol requirements, if applicable.
- Records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
- Moreover, may be required to reach out to referring physicians and promote new referrals.
- May be responsible for the precertification and preauthorization of prescriptions.
- Participates in safety programs and orientation of new staff. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
- Additionally, ensures infection control compliance within the practice and quality assurance in all aspects of patient care as mandated by institutional, local, state and federal regulatory agency requirements.
- Likewise, if applicable, for surgical procedures, responsible for gathering, completing and delivering all pre-operative requirements required for surgery. Reviews discharge summaries and operative notes for accuracy.
- Master’s of Science Degree in Nursing
- Approximately 2 or more years of clinical experience as an NP in a physician practice or hospital setting, preferably within a related specialty.
- New graduates with related RN experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent must meet the following for Vacancy for Nurse Practitioner in the USA:
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Also, excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Additionally, a team oriented individual that works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
Licenses and Certifications
- NYS Registered Nurse Practitioner (NP) license and current NP registration
- NYS Registered Professional Nurse license and current RN registration
- Likewise, applicable National Board Certification (such as ANCC, PNCB, etc)
- Furthermore, current BLS (must be issued by American Heart Association)
- Additionally, infection Control Certificate
- Current Narcotics DEA registration certificate
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.