Scholarships at Chicago State University
Chicago State University is one of the reputed public universities in Illinois, United States. Many highly talented and brilliant students get good scholarships at Chicago State University.
Chicago State University is a university located in Chicago, Illinois. The university is a member school of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. It was first founded in 1867 as the Cook County Normal School and was an innovative teachers college. Eventually, it became a four-year degree granting state college.
CSU is one of the reputed public universities in the United States, in fact, it ranks in tier 2 Regional Universities West in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges. It is known for its highly intellectual faculty and rigorous academics.
Likewise, CSU collectively offers more than 65 undergraduate degree programs through its various departments. Each gives students the tools they need to think clearly, to debate forcefully, and to find possible solutions for every problem.
Chicago State University Scholarships
- Chicago State University has a need-based policy for domestic as well as international students.
- So, it may or may not meet the full demonstrated need of the admitted students.
CSU is one of the selective public universities in the United States. It has an acceptance rate of 57%. So, the eligibility for admission and scholarship is highly competitive. However, few deserving candidates may get a generous scholarships opportunity at Chicago State University.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high academic competitiveness.
- High GPA and SAT’s score will also bolster the chance of getting in.
- Active participation in extra curricular activities.
- Involvement in community service and leadership enabling platforms.
- Applicants should be highly talented and eager to learn relentlessly.
- Similarly, applicants should be full of creative ideas and innovative mindset.
Chicago State University Financial Aid
- Admission office makes the decision regarding one’s admission considering the financial situation of the applicant.
- So, the university does not commit to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need.
- Majority of incoming freshmen receive some kind of financial aid at CSU.
- Further, the average financial aid award in the year 2017-18 was $13,136.
All applicants apply online through the Common Application and the CSU Online Application. The application portal guides students through the application process.
Additionally, applicants need to submit the following documents:
- CSU writing supplements
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation
- High School Transcripts
- Mid-year reports
- Teacher’s recommendation (at least 2)
- SAT scores
- English Proficiency Test Scores i.e. TOEFL/IELTS
For Priority Deadlines: February 1 For Regular Decision: August 1
Lastly, here is the official link to Chicago State University. Source: OYA School