Apply for the Animal Care Technician Vacancy at Weill Cornell Medicine. The category of the position is Health and Medical Services.
Under direct supervision, provides direct care and maintenance for various species of laboratory animals, including feeding, general husbandry as well as cleaning of caging and related equipment
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Dirty Side Cage Wash: Dissembles, washes and sterilizes caging and related equipment utilizing automated cage washing equipment and sterilizers.
- Likewise, clean Side Cage Wash: Re-assembles and prepares clean caging, equipment, animal feed and bedding.
- Also, responsible for general animal husbandry, including changing holding areas, feed and water utilizing specialized techniques and equipment.
- Likewise, he/she ensures that the animal care and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Recognizes and reports conditions of animal health and welfare that are at variance from normal for the species. Escalates any issues to supervisor.
- Also, ensures and monitors the proper maintenance of laboratory facilities, including animal holding areas, cage wash areas and associate corridors. Assesses conditions of caging equipment and makes recommendations for equipment replacement and/or repair.
- Additionally, responsible for documenting information related to job duties and weekly animal census.
Qualifications for Animal Care Technician Vacancy
- High school diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Also, participates in on-the-job training required to develop new skills, learn new techniques, and implement new policies.
About the Institution
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that’s committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities of your choice.