There is an application call for Program Assistant at Northwestern University in the US. The category of the position is Administrative Assistants.
The Program Assistant is responsible for managing all reception desk operations and administrative support for 3 locations of the OISS office. This role will be available in the offices to greet visitors, field general visa inquires, and direct visitors to the appropriate advisor. This position will supervise 1-2 students, student workers, oversee all billing functions, expenses, vouchers, reimbursements, and budget reporting. The Program Assistant will also support the student and scholar processes by conducting in-take and out-take tasks, the initial review of requests, notification, and follow-up communication.
Please note: This position requires the individual to be on campus during normal business hours which are typically 9:00am to 5:00pm. This is not a remote position. The three OISS campus office locations are: Dartmouth (Evanston), Sheridan (Evanston), and one Chicago office.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Under the direction of OISS Director, organize and manage all reception desk operations.
- Also, receive and greet students, scholars, and departmental representatives and provide them with the office or campus resources as appropriate.
- Likewise, provide administrative support (drafting support letters, processing department mail, scheduling events, filing, emailing, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Supervise and manage schedules 1-2 student workers.
- Also, responsible for monthly budget reporting and billing–maintaining and recording vouchers, expenses, and reimbursements in the university’s financial system.
- Responsible for student and scholar intake and outtake duties and serve as front desk DSO/ARO. These duties include data entry into case management software, initial analysis of employment-based visa requests, and communication with department contacts, scholars, and the university enterprise system.
- Additionally, responsible for all communication initiatives, OISS emails, including listserv messages and social media.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Call for Program Assistant in the US
- A high school diploma or its equivalent along with 2 years of administrative support experience is required.
- Additionally, have the ability to communicate effectively with international students and scholars, government officials, various university departments, etc., to provide excellent customer service.
- Have excellent written communication skills, write precisely and professionally, well-organized emails, letters, and proposals using appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Also, experience in a fast-paced and high volume office setting
- In-depth familiarity and expertise with MS Office computer applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access, email, web browsers) student information databases, as well as an awareness of fiscal and budgetary procedures and strategies.
- Likewise, have the ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and schedule in an efficient and productive manner with attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with interruptions.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- One to two year’s administrative experience working in an academic environment.
- Also, experience working with people from a different culture.
- Previous supervisory experience.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities of your choice.