Apply for the Campus Programs Coordinator Position at Duke Kunshan University. The category of the position is Student Affairs and Services.
The Campus Programs Coordinator is responsible for establishing and overseeing campus-wide programs and initiatives. S/he coordinates and supervises all student-related activities and events, including, but not limited to, planning and implementing large, small, and weekend campus programs, overseeing the Student Leadership Awards and advising the DKU Campus Activities Board (CAB). Programs will promote a sense of community, provide social opportunities outside the classroom, and maximize student learning and development
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
- Conceptualize, coordinate, implement, and market small and large scale campus programs and initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate, and promote overall campus-wide programs and events in response to student needs and in keeping with the latest trends. This would include, but not limited to, general entertainment, social, cross-cultural, and developmental.
- Oversee and assist with general student-initiated events in the planning, implementing, and liaison with other university entities (Non-student organization based events).
- Work closely with and support the Organizations Coordinator on related campus programs and events that are initiated by the student clubs and organizations.
- Oversee, manage, and plan the Student Leadership Awards selection process and one-night program.
- Advise the DKU Campus Activities Board (CAB) including, but not limited to, student leadership training, program development, and evaluation.
- Oversee and manage the Campus Engagement calendar, the student activities website, and social media accounts. The Campus Programs Coordinator will be the point of contact and lead for social media within the Campus Engagement team.
- Assist in the development of strategies and policies as well as other matters relevant to campus programming.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline (higher education administration, student affairs, college student personnel, and/or counseling).
- 2-3 years of experience working directly with college students planning programs or activities.
- Likewise, a creative approach to student community building, problem-solving, and program development.
- Additionally, the ability to write student learning outcomes; write reports, interpret data, and handle administrative action items in a timely manner.
- Additionally, effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a desire to work in a team-oriented, dynamic, fast-paced, diverse environment.
- Also, excellent organization and planning skills.
- Commitment to supporting an innovative and intercultural learning community.
- Professional experience in event management or equivalent experience.
- Additionally, intercultural competency achieved and demonstrated by having lived worked, or studied in an international, cross-cultural setting.
- Also, 3-5 years of experience working directly with college students planning programs or activities.
- Effective verbal and written bilingual communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Likewise, knowledge of the differences between Chinese and western higher education systems.
- Also, experience in evaluation, assessment, and budgeting.
How to Apply:
- Please be advised the salary is commensurate with experience.
- Application Process: Submit cover letter and CV to [email protected]
- Please note: DKU will ONLY accept applications received through [email protected]
Duke Kunshan University is a Chinese-American partnership of Duke University and Wuhan University to create liberal art and research university offering academic programs for students from China and throughout the world.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.