Apply for the Environmental Compliance Coordinator Position at Syracuse University. The category of the position is Occupational and Environmental Safety.
The Environmental Compliance Coordinator is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Environmental Compliance Manager and supports environmental compliance operational activities for the EHSS Department. This position provides compliance assistance, guidance, and training to the University community and assists in facilitating University-wide compliance with local, state, and federal environmental rules and regulations. This position prepare conducts compliance assessments, prepares compliance reports, maintains related records, responds to spill events, and provides compliance training.
- B.S. in environmental science, environmental engineering, or other physical science.
- Additionally, a minimum of 5 years of environmental compliance management experience preferred.
- Also, experience working with a university-based population preferred.
- A valid NYS Driver’s license and a driving record that meets University requirements
- Similarly, strong data management skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse campus population.
- Likewise, public speaking and group presentation experience desired.
- Also, the successful candidate must establish their principal residence in the Central New York area within approximately 30 minutes driving distance from Syracuse University.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of multimedia environmental compliance programs and experience with environmental permitting and reporting.
- Also, demonstrated an understanding of a broad range of environmental compliance requirements impacting a large research university.
- Similarly, strong written communication ad presentation skills, analytical skills and attention to detail with experience in developing reports, and evaluating and interpreting analytical data.
- Supports in the development, maintenance, and implementation of various environmental protection, and health and safety programs.
- Also, assists in the preparation of environmental compliance-related reports, notifications, requests, license and permits applications. Also, other written correspondence for submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Likewise, the candidate maintains records necessary to document, record, track, and assure compliance with multiple regulatory compliances, and health and safety programs.
- Additionally, advises and collaborates with University personnel and contractors to implement compliance requirements, standards, and best management practices and to meet compliance obligations.
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings, and an undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history, Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.