Apply for the Printmaking Job Position at Ferris State University. The category of the position is Fine and Applied Arts – Art.
- Evidence of and engagement in printmaking
- Also, experience with and knowledge of hand Papermaking including use of Hollander beater
- Likewise, knowledge of digital processes and software as related to printmaking
- Teaching experience at the college level
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Prepare syllabus and class according to college standards and distribute syllabi.
- Likewise, teach appropriate course(s) as assigned.
- Assess and evaluate student learning and provide formative feedback throughout the course.
- Also, provide reasonable availability to students for consultation and assistance with respect to assigned course(s).
- Evaluate student performance.
- Contribute to the college’s continuous improvement.
- Likewise, maintain effective communication with students and colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with faculty, students and staff throughout the college.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in printmaking processes such as Intaglio, Relief, Screen Printing, and Lithography
- Also, the ability to engage in evidence-based assessment
Cover letter including interest and qualifications, including a discussion of critical engagement with learning artists if applicant does not have teaching experience at college level.
About Ferris State University
Ferris State University (FSU or Ferris) is a public research university with its main campus in Big Rapids, Michigan. It was founded in 1884 as the Big Rapids Industrial School by Woodbridge Nathan Ferris, an educator from Tioga County, New York, who later served as governor of the State of Michigan and finally in the US Senate where he remained until his death in 1928. The school was noteworthy when it was founded for accepting female students beginning with its first graduating class.
Interested in the position? You can check out the official page for more information. Also, do have a look at oyaop.com for more job opportunities.