The University of Toledo is now hiring Research Assistant for its Department of Psychiatry!
The Research Assistant will work full time (8:30 am to 5:00 pm) at Health Science Campus College. The salary will range from $38,100 to $47,667 on the basis of your experience.
- Conducting and coordinating psychiatric research projects under the direction of Elissar Andari, Ph.D.
- Conduct recruitment and retention of subjects and collections of behavioral, physiological, clinical, and imaging data at UTMC and other collaborating institutes
- Also, she or he will be responsible for regulatory documentation and IRB submissions for all human research projects conducted in the lab.
- manage, organize, process, and analyze the data of studies in the lab, as well as summarize the results for publications and grants.
- In addition, developing imaging protocols, processing MRI functional, structural, and statistical analysis of brain and physiological/behavioral data.
- contribute to research administration including supervising Research staff in the lab.
- Moreover, assisting the PI in organizing meetings, helping with ICAN initiatives, and managing/supervising students and staff members in the lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in life science, social behavioral science, psychology, sociology, research, or related field
- Prior work experience in a health-related field
- Also, completes IRB training and maintains training up-to-date
- Ability to effectively communicate with participants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word as well as Excel
- Ability to maintain the highest level of patient confidentiality
- In addition, well organized, precisely follow the protocols and regulations
- Knowledge in the usage of statistical software
- Interest in writing
- Moreover, owns Management skills
- Basic medical training, statistical skills, and/or research experience, preferred
- Also, a Master’s or doctoral degree in neuroscience, clinical, psychology, or related field
- Basic knowledge of human neuroscience is preferred
- Familiar with behavioral tasks and/or programming in Matlab on a Linux workstation for fMRI data analysis
- In addition, skills or experience in MRI scan processing and analysis using image processing software, familiar with Linux OS, basic programming, and large database organization and analyses.