Join Trinity College Dublin’s Facilities and Services, as an Energy Engineer!
The Energy Engineer will plan, regulate, and monitor the energy and utility use across all the Estate. The role will lead to efficiency improvements and carbon management by evaluating energy and utility usage and implementing policies, changes, and projects to achieve carbon reduction targets against the University’s annual utilities expenditure.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Energy Engineer will be expected to do the following task but not limited to:
- Implement the revised energy management strategy including the rollout.
- Supervise and the management of the Energy Services Team.
- Also, manage and supervise contractors and service partners.
- To provide cover for the supervision and management of the other Services Teams when any of the other Service Managers are on leave.
- To provide technical advice on matters relating to building services and maintenance.
- In addition, represent the Technical Services Manager in his absence for matters relevant to the Building Services in that area.
- draw up plans using AutoCAD and building information modeling software (BIM).
- Moreover, check-off invoices, credit notes, and account management using the various software-based systems.
- A minimum qualification of a Bachler of Engineering (Hons) in Energy Management (Built Environment) (Level 8) or Bachler of Engineering (Hons) in Building Services Engineering (Level 8) (Essential)
- Project Management (Desirable)
- Managing Safety in Construction (Desirable)
- Full clean driving license with categories B (Essential).
- Safe Pass (Desirable).
- AutoCAD (Desirable).
- BIM (Desirable).
- IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and email (Essential).
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the management of large utility accounts, manager in the operation of building services/energy management is essential, ideally in an institutional setting of comparable scale.
- Significant experience of working with major historic sites and listed buildings is desirable
- Knowledge and experience in Building Services are essential.
- Also, People Management/supervision is essential.
- Financial Management is desirable.
- Experience of working in a multi-skilled and diverse team.
- A knowledge of good practice relating to Health and Safety Regulations.
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational as well as communication skills, both oral and written to facilitate professional oral and written instructions.
- In addition, the ability to establish and maintain effective work relations is necessitated by work assignments.
- Can prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Be enthusiastic, flexible, and willing to work outside usual office hours when required.
- The ability to plan and takes pride in their work
- Moreover is willing to learn and impart knowledge