Apply for the Security Officer Position at Texas A&M University. The category of the position is Police and Public Safety.
The Advanced Security Officer, under general supervision, serves and protects the university by assisting law enforcement in reporting crimes and suspicious activity, maintaining visibility of security presence to deter crime and assist faculty, staff and students as needed, and to enforce all parking regulations. Provides communications (dispatch) officer support to ensure department operational needs are met.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Patrols designated areas to prevent, discover and deter the commission of crime.
- Also, reports matters requiring police action to communications or to officers directly.
- Furthermore, reports all irregularities, emergencies or suspicious activity.
- Provides a detailed written report on witnessing any criminal activity.
- Issues parking citations, directs flow of traffic and assists with parking vehicles.
- Also, patrols buildings and grounds to check for fires, water leaks, and general building security.
- Unlocks/locks buildings as required by university schedules.
- Also, assists communications officer in performance of duties in case of absenteeism and work break periods. This will include answering and dispatching emergency calls as well as other duties.
- Likewise, provides information and services to visitors, students and faculty.
- Works special events as required or scheduled by supervisor.
- Furthermore, projects a professional image both on and off duty, including the prudent use of Social Media, not appearing intoxicated in public, and other conduct unbecoming of the position.
- Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: One year experience as a security officer or other comparable full-time employment. Communication skills. Keyboarding skills. Planning, organizational and task management skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work under stress. Also, the ability to prepare reports, describing facts and events accurately. Additionally, the ability to comprehend technical aspects of communications equipment.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Hired personnel shall be required to attend and pass state-mandated certification classes.
- Physical Requirements: None
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.