Apply for the Student Programs Specialist Position at University of California . The deadline for the application is Student Affairs and Services.
$21.98 – $24.42
The UCI School of Physical Sciences delivers scientific breakthroughs that reshape our understanding of the physical world and provide solutions to the most profound problems of our age. The school does this by asking hard questions, by setting visionary goals, and by fostering interdisciplinary research. The students are equipped with a premier education, a drive to unearth new knowledge, and the skills to lead the scientific revolutions of the future. The Physical Sciences Student Affairs office provides a full range of academic counseling services to undergraduate students in Chemistry, Earth System Science, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Physics and Physical Sciences Undeclared/Unaffiliated. In addition, the office is available for non-majors who need assistance with issues involving service and General Education courses in the Physical Sciences or who are interested in Physical Sciences programs.
The incumbent must have the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Likewise, knowledge of the methodologies used to enhance student achievement.
- Knowledge of current and theoretical models, that influence the application and delivery of academic services (e.g. discipline specific; student-population specific), and trends and issues facing low-income and first-generation college, underrepresented, disadvantaged, physically challenged, and under prepared students in higher education.
- Also, the knowledge and experience in analyzing problems and identifying solutions for problem-solving; skills and experience in developing and administering programs. Knowledge of strategies in critical thinking, reading, writing, note taking, test taking, time management, and goal setting.
- Additionally, developed knowledge of specific learning theory, affective issues, academic issues, and socio-cultural issues in applying academic support for students.
- Oral and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate information in small and large group settings.
- Also, proficient computer skills including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and web-based systems
- Knowledge of the theories and practice of counseling, learning, training and career development, and how they apply to a research institution.
- Furthermore, knowledge of personal growth and development areas, including critical thinking, effective communication, self-appraisal, self-esteem, clarification of values, appropriate career choices, and leadership.
- Also, familiarity with research methodologies and research designs.
Visit the official page for more information. Likewise, check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities