Apply for the Vacancy for Academic Admissions Specialist at Kent State University. The category of the position is Admissions and Enrollment.
Perform administrative functions by creating and maintaining academic records in hard copy or in the online student information system in a department designated as the custodian of statutory records. Perform functions within the Admissions Office which impact admission, enrollment, registration, records integrity, and reporting. Ensures the accuracy of records and adherence to applicable regulations, policies, and procedures. Reports to Associate Director, Admissions.
Examples of Duties:
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of paperwork required to create or modify a record, validate the authenticity of supporting documents, and clarify discrepancies.
- Additionally, ensure quality control while reviewing, scanning, and forwarding transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, financial information, immunization records, permanent resident cards, social security cards, green cards, birth certificates, and other documents necessary for admission to Kent State; identify suspected fraudulent documents.
- Also, verify the accuracy and completeness of documents related to the undergraduate application for high school, college credit plus, home school, transfer, guest, post-undergraduate, transient, formerly applied, and former applicants.
- Post special decisions and holds at the request of territory managers and other staff.
- Likewise, review applicant transcripts and manually calculate grade point averages.
- Utilize cross-training within the Admissions Office to process and maintain academic records.
- Scan and index documents in the document imaging system and verify accuracy compared to the original document.
- Moreover, he/she maintains files for freshman, home school, transfer, post-undergraduate, guest, and transient transcripts and documents for admitted, incomplete, and denied applicants.
High school diploma or equivalent. One year of general office experience utilizing computer applications and/or student information system.
- Personal computer applications, such as MS Office Suite
- Also, the family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Typing (i.e. 35 net words per minute), if required by the position
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Providing excellent customer service
- Make quick and sound decisions in a fast-paced, high-volume office
- Also, exercise discretion in receiving and distributing information of a confidential and sensitive nature
- Furthermore, navigate the student portal, website, and/or student information system
- Exhibit aptitude for computer processing, data entry/retrieval, spreadsheets, and other functions
- Also, work independently and as part of a team
- Similarly, successfully manage change and make adjustments as needed for a multitude of job responsibilities
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.